Tuesday

Cauliflower Soup

Nothing fancy but all from scratch this soup was a delish winter treat.

I roasted a chicken. This is crucial as all the remnants will go into the soup.

Make stock from the carcass. Save the fat and aspic. (All of this can be done ahead of time.)

Use the fat and aspic and a dash of salt to coat one chopped cauliflower. I popped it in the oven for an hour (stirring probably twice) at 400. I then added about a half a cup of freshly diced parsley and cooked it for another 15 minutes.

Using my awesome new immersion blender I pureed the roasted cauliflower and stirred in another half cup chopped fresh parsley. From there I just added stock and lemon juice to taste.

I haven't tried it yet but seems like it would be good with a dollop of yogurt if you wanted something a bit creamier.

No comments:

Post a Comment